3.24.2008

Hunting Eggs

This year, like every other year, I was looking forward to buying the kids easter outfits and getting some pictures of them together. Of course things weren't going to work out as perfectly as I had played in my head.

I was planning on getting in a "photo session" after church, but both of kids fell asleep on the way home. By the time they woke up (six o'clock) it was too cold to stay outside very long. There was some major grumping going on after naps, so getting two children to sit nicely with each other was out of the question. Even during our brief easter egg hunt we had a few melt downs. I had so much fun watching them hunt for eggs despite the drama. Isaac was knew exactly what was going on and ran as fast as he could to get all of the eggs before Ainsley could gather too many. Ainsley though was very content to carry two eggs in her hands and an empty basket on her arm. She had more fun watching Isaac do all of the work!



My favorite moment this Easter (besides eating the wonderful food) was listening to Isaac tell me about Jesus being resurrected. His sweet nursery teachers had given all of the children easter eggs with a picture of the savior inside. Isaac told me "the egg was like the tomb and was empty when they looked inside". Although we all enjoy the festivities that come with the holidays, my heart is filled with love and gratitude for the time we are able to spend together as a family, learning of our Savior and his love for each and every one of us.

11 comments:

Lara Neves said...

They both look adorable! My special occasion photoshoots rarely go as planned. I'm super lucky I got it in this year...:)

Love how Ainsley just carried the eggs around. Sophie did the same thing, she carried her basket like a purse and just put the same two eggs in and out of it over and over again. So cute to watch them figure it all out!

Chelsea said...

Cute kids in their Easter attire!!! Photo sessions are OVER-RATED! :) Maybe this coming Sunday you can reinact it?!

Brianne said...

We had a lot of grumpiness going on Easter Sunday too. Well, it's pretty much every Sunday, so no surprise. They both look so cute in their Easter outfits. Holidays are when I'm most jealous of moms with little girls because the dresses are always so adorable. Maybe someday :)

Lacey said...

Your kids look great...don't worry, I still haven't even done matching easter dress pictures...hopefully it won't be too difficult with a newborn!
Love your pictures and little Ainsley looks SO CUTE in her dress! And of course Isaac looks so handsome!

emily anderson said...

don't you love when they "get it"...about jesus? i just love when caedmon talks about jesus...and the stuff he's learned about him. it makes my heart happy :)

and i wouldn't say i'm baby hungry :) i just love 'em when they are so itty bitty :)

Brandi Jo said...

They both are so cute. I love the green tie and dress! Cute pics even though they are not what you had in mind.

benandchayfuller said...

Way cute Easter outfits! They are so dang cute!

sarah said...

I love Ainsley's Easter dress. At least it wasn't snowing for your egg hunt.

Shannon said...

They match. That is so cute! I love Isaac's tie by the way. Where did you get it?

Tyler and Naomi said...

What cute kids!

Unknown said...

How fun! They both look so cute!