1.18.2010

Two Steps Back

I read things like this (over and over again):

"Lucky for you, girls tend to potty train faster than boys." And "Second (or subsequent) children almost always learn earlier than first-born siblings."

So why is it my firstborn child, a Boy, was a breeze to potty train. . . and my second-born, a girl, recently had me cleaning pee off the keys of our piano.

She had the number two thing down months ago. . . first try. I thought she had the rest down too. I thought wrong. She was doing so good (good enough I thought we were done), and then I got sick/pregnant. It all went downhill from there.

I don't know how many times a day I am taking her to the potty or asking her if she has to go potty. In fact, "Potty" is currently my most used word, and cleaning up the wet spots on my floor (I really don't know a spot that hasn't been hit yet. . . sad, but true) and I guess piano, is my most common chore right now.

I have grown tired of the endless cleaning of pants and cute little princess undies, so for now bare bottom it is. Even if it means we have to run the heater a little warmer than normal, so my sassy little girl won't freeze that cute little nakey tooshie of hers. . .

It's a good thing I adore her!

7 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

Bummer...

Good luck.

Reisner's said...

I'm going through the same thing. Except Sadie is neither gettting number 1 or 2 down. Whats up with our girls?

Lacey said...

We are getting ready to start with Addysen and while she loves the idea of sitting on the potty, I dread all the accidents! While Elodie was easy to train, the minute we were out of routine, or went on vacation she too would take 2 steps back! Pretty annoying!! Good luck- this is why I vow NOT to have another baby, or even be pregnant, until Addysen is completely potty trained!

Lindsey said...

Can I just state the obvious, why are you trying to smother what is so clearly a talent? Not just any 2 year old GIRL can pee on the keys of a piano...AMAZING!!!

Lara Neves said...

Good luck. All my girls were like this. I don't know if I believe the people that say they're so easy.

Plus I was potty training two fo them while pregnant so I TOTALLY understand how hard that is. Ugh.

Hope you're feeling better these days.

Chrystalee said...

So with my amazing intelect ... NOT ... I have a theory.

She knows a baby is coming. She will be losing her place as the baby of the family. She is trying to hold onto it with everything she's got.

Just a thought ... : )

GOOD luck!!!!

Tiffini said...

Jacob was a nightmare, too. Yeah, it was a breeze days 1-3 - if you were following my blog on that. He did great! I thought we had it. But, he's back in diapers because by weekd 5, I was tired of cleaning up poop! He just could not get #2 down. Sigh. I was really looking forward to only having 1 in diapers, but now I'm not sure I even want to start the potty-training thing again until this one is born! Again, sigh.