1.27.2008

Praise to the Man

My family and I had the opportunity to spend some time with President Hinckley (when I was a teenager), when he set apart my Grandpa as a Mission President. Being around him you couldn't help but smile. One thing I will never forget from that experience was looking into his clear blue eyes and feeling nothing but love. I was almost scared as I felt he could see through me into my soul, and yet there was no anger or disapproval, just pure and simple love. Something that meant a great deal to a rebellious teenager. He is an amazing man, and he will be missed.

5 comments:

katherine said...

I love that. He was such a great man, and what you say is what I always thought he'd be like, full of love and caring for everyone. How lucky you met him, I never knew that. So special!

Chelsea said...

What a really neat experience you got! He for sure will be missed by our family. What a neat man he was.

Aaron & Brittney said...

That is so true. He has done so much. We will all miss him!

Matt-Whitney said...

He is an amazing man! We do love him and will miss him. Just remember he has his wife back =)

Lara said...

I'm just going back and acknowledging all the posts I read earlier when I was too emotional to actually comment.

It has been so wonderful to read about everyone's experiences and testimonies of President Hinckley. I was just thinking how amazing it is that so many people posted a blog in tribute to him today...what a cool way to share the Gospel!