8.20.2007

Cute Kids

I know I am a little biased, but I have some VERY cute kids.

Ainsley is growing up so quickly. She is sitting up pretty good on her own these days. She really only falls over now if she gets a little too excited and starts bouncing.

She has tried cereal a couple times, but I don't think her stomach can handle it quite yet. She did really good at eating though. She has eaten cereal now three times. The last time I noticed she got a rash on her stomach and was up crying in the night, which is not normal for her. The next day thinking about why she had been up, I remembered that she was fussy the first time after eating cereal. So she's not quite ready or her stomach is sensitive to more than just dairy!


I have been writing a lot about Ainsley, just because she changes so much daily, and she is just so cute! But I do have one good looking boy too. He is such a funny kid.

Isaac is one of the pickiest eaters I have ever seen, and gets on these kicks. Right now he loves dough. Daily he is asking to make cookies, tortillas, muffins. . . anything that requires dough. I have been lucky that he eats the finished product as well. Here's a picture of him from two days ago when we tried a new recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Isaac is such a good helper around the house. Chores take a lot longer, and I actually do a lot more cleaning after Isaac's cleaning, but he's learning, and loves to help. Right now his favorite is washing dishes by hand. My poor dishwasher is probably feeling neglected these days :)

Isaac and I went out together, just the two of us, this weekend. There is a flea market here in town every third weekend. I have never been to a flea market and was going to go by myself, but decided I needed to spend some time with Isaac. We had a lot of fun. Isaac tasted his first snow cone (I wish I would have thought to take my camera). Isaac was allowed to pick out one thing to buy, anything he wanted. He was pretty tempted when we passed some toy swords, but decided on a cowboy hat! It's a little big for him, but it was the smallest one we could find.



Isaac has such quite the imagination. I hear him talking to himself quite a bit these days. The other day he was in his room playing by himself, and I heard him say "what are you looking at?" I really need to start a book on all the funny things he says!

He likes to play Super Isaac and has me tie a blanket around his neck. I am thinking Santa is bringing him a real cape for Christmas. He has also decided to be a pirate for "Halloweena".

I could go on forever about how cute I think my children are. I sure do love them!

6 comments:

Michael said...

nice story! now you have to get him some boots to go with that hat!

Lacey said...

Love little Ainsley's outfit and the bow goes so well! Wink! Wink!

Heidi said...

Your kids are sooo cute!! I love his hat. Great choice Isaac!

Lara Neves said...

Such cuties!

I wonder where you got that bow? She made me a bunch when Sophie was born and I get compliments on them all the time...when she will keep them on her head, anyway. :)

Lindsey said...

That cowboy hat is STUNNING- seriously STUNNING!!!!

Allison said...

So your kids are pretty cute! Little Ainsley is so dang cute!!! Such a good time! Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies... YUM YUM!