1.07.2011

Through the Woods.

It's been a warm winter so far.
Word on the street we are supposed to get snow this weekend.
We hope it's true.

We are taking advantage of the mild winter.
By hiking.
In Texas.
Makes me laugh.
Using the words Hiking and Texas together.
I always though hiking was in the mountains.
Mike said it's not true.
So I looked it up.

hike: a long walk usually for exercise or pleasure
Hiking is an outdoor activity which consists of walking in natural environments, often on hiking trails.

He wins.

That's my boy. Running to make sure he is in front.
I used to do the same thing.

Ainsley is my "gatherer/collector"
I don't know that it's possible for her to go outside without collecting.
Rocks.Sticks.Leaves.Flowers.
It's what she does.
Always.

To him, sticks are only worth something if they look like a weapon.
Boys.


Ah, my collector.
Looking for treasures.
And my boy.
Using his stick to try to fight Daddy's.

And that's how we hike in Texas.



No comments: