9.14.2007

PREpreschool

Isaac and I started doing "school" at home. This was our first week. Every morning after breakfast we sit at the table and do projects that I have planned the night before. I have mentioned before how Isaac has been hitting Ainsley, so I wanted to come up with something that we could do together during Ainsley's morning nap. I know I am a little bias, but I think Isaac is a smart little boy, so I decided to do preschool.

This month we are working on the letters A, B, and C. The color red. Farm animals, and circles. It's funny because he already knows his colors and recognizes letters when written A-E so when we have talked about the color red or the letter A, he gives me this look that says "hello I know this, old news Mom!"

We both have enjoyed our time together, and he has been a lot nicer lately. . . so it's a win win situation here! I am hoping that next year we can start a Joy School or C-op school with some of the other moms in the ward. Let me know how it goes Christa!

So here's some of this weeks work we did. The cow is his best friend right now. He named him Lenny. He takes Lenny around and if I ask Isaac to do something Lenny does it for me. He's such a good helper for being made of paper!

I want you to look at his "A" page. The last row of A's were his own. I was very impressed. The first row I made the letters, the next row I helped him move the pencil, and the last row was his. He got his daddy's smart genes!! I hope he will ALWAYS enjoy learning and school, as much as he does right now.

This last page wasn't done in "school" just Isaac coloring while I made lunch. His first self portrait! I loved it. I hope I didn't ruin it for you by putting the words on (digitally).

13 comments:

Michael said...

I personally think he got his smarts from his cool old neighbor! :) ok so he got them really from his dad, well I like to think by talking to him and hanging out that maybe a little wore off. he is a very smart little kid and we miss having him around the joint. good luck Isaac, pretty soon, you will be smarter than me!

The Tate's said...

How fun for you guys! We love the C-op preschool. It is a nice break for the kids and the parents. I get to teach all 5 kids next week so I will let you know how that part goes. But I think it will be fun. Here is another good website for ideas enchantedlearning.com.

Lacey said...

Way to go Isaac! Very impressive!

Tina said...

Totally cute, I love the "old news, Mom" comment!

Lara Neves said...

Definitely a smarty pants!

I loved doing the co-op school when B was little. I wanted to do it with C but couldn't find anyone...it didn't help that I had just moved here. :)

Audrey said...

Derek's mom did Joy school with her daycare group and Derek still has those songs memorized. Sometimes he sings them. What a nut. Isn't it amazing what kids are picking up on when you don't realize it?

Arnett's said...

So cute! I love that idea. YOu are a great mom!

marci said...

Wow! He is a little smart fart. You must be mom of the year to be so on the ball. How old is he again? So cute! Are you parents still in Flagstaff? Are you coming back to AZ for Christmas???

Arnett's said...

I just saw your message about your move to TX. Anthony and I were thinking about going there because of the cheap real estate too. We didnt though. I am sure it will get better with time.

katherine said...

How good of you! How much fun for a kid to get total mom time. Great A's too. By the way I read your "sike" post and I said sike to my kids about something the other day and they looked at me as if I was speaking latin to them. I had to explain sike to them--I believe in my day no one needed to explain--it was just known. Needless to say I answered yes to all of the questions in the post.

Marielle said...

What a great way to spend time with Isaac. And What a smart boy! I am a Joy School alumnus and I still have the songs memorized too.

The Tate's said...

Hey Brooke,
Thanks for the cute new background website. I already changed mine and dont be suprised if you see a new one tomorrow. I love it. Thanks again!

Arnett's said...

I just need your e-mail so we dont have to keep commenting! Okay so Aiden does the same thing. He will claw at the carpet to get a little fuzz ball... then he will eat it. Today he ate a $2 bill!! Geeze. Kids are great. Um. Painting is great. You have to post pics of the kitchen! I wish I could come to TX and help you. That would be great fun. I am sure Aiden would love playing with your kids too!